Saturday, June 17, 2006

This week I have been listening to Fleetwood Mac. Yes, that's right, Fleetwood Mac. After purchasing their entire back catalogue, all 20 albums, for the reasonable price of 200 roubles – that's three and a half of your finest English Pounds Sterling, I feel I should do them a favour and listen to all 20 albums, you know, educate myself in the subject of 70's rock. Too long now have I felt the burden of being a music snob. They say travel broadens your mind, well travel here to Russia, and one can broaden all one's knowledge of music in one simple shopping trip. For less than 10 pounds, even the most spend thrifty amongst you could be the proud owner of entire album collections of all the best-known and well-loved rock and pop outfits. I left the shop a happy consumer with only a small amount of guilt that was overshadowed by my excitement and desire to get home as quickly as possible to listen to every single Pet Shop Boys album ever made! Snob no more, you see, I have broadened my mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

BRITISH! pounds Sterling!
That aside, can we expect you to be listening to ELO, Chicago and Boston next week?
Or are you going to move onto Prog Rock instead?
Oh, and Sam, if you read this your site isn't that good. Sorry.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

can you not say British pounds sterling - I pondered over that one for a while after I'd put English pounds, but got confused!
It seems I am still stupid.

3:18 PM  
Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

you could say English pounds, as in Bank of England issued notes, but the currency Sterling is used by the UK and is British. Even in Northern Ireland which is not part of Britain. But not in Jersey and other offshore islands who are not part of the UK which issue their own currency, even though UK issued currency circulates there.
Does that help?

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home