Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My old friend the mud came back yesterday..... mud being a by-product of rain this time, not snow, like last time... But it's still the same old mud, the mud that when dry turns to dust and generally makes it's presence known by flying around in the air getting into the eyes of all citizens. So when you walk the streets you have to beware the following things; dust (also known as mud), insects (just waiting for their next feast) and cars (or more precisely the bad drivers in them). It's a tough challenge getting from A to B without one scrape or another. So, as my luck would have it, the one day I decided to venture out into unknown territory and experience my first bus ride, was also the day that we had an enormous storm... ok so I'm not talking rain, thunder and lightning, I'm talking full on forks of electricity zapping the sky every 10 seconds and thunder that sounds like a jumbo jet crashing into a wall.... it was while I was waiting for a bus home that the already heavy rain turned into a horror film cliché storm.... it was cool, but for the fact that I was wearing only a t-shirt and jeans. Also, everybody seemed to be taking shelter under the trees which I thought you weren't meant to do! The storm lasted for about 4 hours on and off, and has not cleared the air of warmth and humidity, it has only resulted in dirty streets and dirty trouser legs. Another heavy sigh from me....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello comrade becky
sorry I have been a bit slack recently but things have been rather hectic at work. anyway, have just spent the last 20 mins or so catching up on your blogs and am pleased to see you have lost none of your cynicism or razor sharp wit. I am also V pleased to hear you are giving the Mac (not the returning one, but the Fleetwood) a go. I have very fond memories of Tango In The Night from my teenage years, but then I suppose that's what you have to expect as a child of the early 70s.
Welcome to the room... Sarah.
Jus xx

4:24 PM  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Hey Jus, I've missed your comments!
How's Manchestershire, have you gone/ are you going to any festivals? WHo's number one!?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

number 1 is i think the very irritating warbling gypsy that is Nelly Furtado. i think.
i am going to Leeds this weekend to day 2 of the o" wireless fest - Eels, Zutons, SFA, Flaming Lips, The Who... should be alright i reckon!
what's number 1 in Siberia? x

9:31 PM  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

I dunno! But, you know, here in Russia we get the finest music from all over the globe!
I don't think we have any festivals though, pity - who's SFA??

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super Furry Animals. didn't see them in the end.
Lips were great, Who were self indulgent, good day out though.
today is Monday, which means hectic work shite. best go then!
x

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home