Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's sunny it's warm and there's no mud. Hoorah. What then, I hear you ask, will she write if there is nothing to complain about? Well, I witnessed a spectacle of a television show which I'd like to share with y'all. Take two teams and a truck full of dominoes and two classic tales from literature, and hey presto! you have the best tv programme EVER! The retelling of The Hunchback of Notre Dame through the medium of dominoes falling (is that what you call it?) versus the retelling of Moby Dick through same meduim, but with different dominoes obviously.

Apart from watching TV I've had my first Russian lesson. Prepare to be amused, I mean amazed, at my bi-lingual abilities upon my return (only 12 weeks to go, not that I'm counting). I can tell everyone that I'm hungry and that I'm tired and that I drink beer, in Russian. In fact, as I write this very blog I am impressing the Russians in the office with my new found language skill. Maybe I can learn Business Russian next...

I have been reaquainting myself with the Russian pop music and even had a cd bought for me by my Russian family of my favourite Russian band called Animal but in Russian it sounds like 'zvery'. The sun has also produced buskers on the streets, which is something I never thought I'd see! I asked them to play Babyshambles but surprisingly the legend of Pete Doherty has not made it this far east yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

you're hungry? you're tired? you drink beer? you can play the guitar and the buskers there don't play Babyshambles... I have a plan... um, oh yes, sleep and eat.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home